Welcome to Jewelry By Dee-Wick.

I hope you find something that you find of interest. I wanted my blog to reflect more than just jewelry, but some issues and ideas for other women.


This is my first blog and I am learning as I go.
I will be posting some of my jewelry items that can be found on my Etsy store @ lightworks.etsy.com

I am hoping to connect with some great people and make some new friends, so please feel free to leave your comments.

SHOP ETSY!!

Friday, March 27, 2009

The Best Brownie's Ever !

Gee, it has been almost 20 years sense I found a old Watkins cook book that someone had thrown out. I had never heard of Watkins so I decided to do some research on the Co. I discovered that my old cook book was really old. It was written not long after ovens had thermometers, as they were called back then. My old cook book has been through a house fire and moving across the United States more times than I can remember. It is in pretty bad shape, but I would never part with it.

But within it's wisdom, there is the most wonderful brownies I have ever made, and everyone loves them. So I decided to share this bit of craft, this old recipe shared by some women, most likely long gone from this world by now. May her talent live on as you share these with your family.

Chocolate Brownies

1/2 cup melted butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon baking powder
7 Tablespoons of Cocoa
1 cup of Walnuts
1 teaspoon of vanilla
pinch of salt

Beat eggs, add butter and slowly add sugar. Sift flour then measure and add.
Add vanilla and then add cocoa, stirring in a little at a time. Add your walnuts.
Grease pan and lightly flower. Bake in an moderate oven ( 350 ) for 30 minutes.
NOTE; I find that they need a little more time to bake. More like 40 minutes.
Enjoy!

No comments: